Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Alladin Medway (Radio Sunlight, Bowie & New 286 Songs)

Harry 286 writes:

Hello everybody, Harry here (you know, the bassist, I tend to end up hidden behind PA stacks so you may not have seen me). This week it is I who shall be in charge of the Blog entry so plug yourself in and steady yourselves.
I should probably start by introducing myself.

I'm Harry (hello), I've recently finished my Masters in Composition, I've been doing the band thing on and off for 10 years and have an unhealthy obsession with David Bowie. Actually, I think it's rather healthy, the man is a genius! I'll respect anyone who can work with such diverse acts as John Lennon, Brian Eno, Arcade Fire and Nine Inch Nails, continuously (bar a slightly odd patch in the 80's) pushing the sonic boundaries of Pop music. If you want any questions answered on Mr Bowie, give me a call. I'm also obsessed with India for similar reasons... I'll stop there before I go off on a tangent.

Introductions aside, here's the rub on the continuing story of Bungalow Bill... Sorry, I mean The 286. Well we are officially flying in the ether of Kent's airwaves (a fact I am particularly happy about, Kentish Man that I am). Last night we all convened in Gillingham at the Sunlight Trust (Radio Sunlight) to play on Fizzer's Radio Show (http://www.fizzersradioshow.com/) - we all thought it was brilliant! Nathan even managed to get some swearing in, you'll see what I mean once we get the recording up online.

We're also heading back in to the studio soon to record some more gems for you all and all going well we should be getting some new material going in the near future. It's all very exciting times!
It's Rock and Roll!

H

1 comment: